Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

plan and execute

Today is a national holiday for Japan. It is a religious holiday in which people will go to the graveyard and calling the spirit of their ancestors to come back. I don't really know what it means by "come back" . But I believe that they assume the spirits have been wandering around and this event is to called them back to the place where their body has been buried. It is a big occasion for the them (Japan-people), the official holidays for this occasion are 5 days including Sunday and Saturday.

All of my laboratory members have gone back to their hometown and it left me and only me alone. I intended to also taking holiday as the others but I have a big day to be prepare to. I am now working on a research project funded by a company and have been scheduled to have my presentation in front of my sponsor on Wed next week; the second day after the holiday. So working, working and keep on working.

In terms of working time, I think I have spend the same amount of time as before. But, how do I spend my working time is completely different. Back then, it was common for me to spend around 9 hours for meeting and maybe around 7 hours for class in a week. As for now I have to meet my supervisor for only 1 hour in two weeks and attending a class of 2 hours in one week. To have a look at it; it seems that more free time for me now but the truth is it is not. Less activities scheduled on you by the others means that you have to work on your own schedule or planning. Not only that, you will have to make sure you execute them accordingly to your own plan. For not being able to do so, as for my case; I will about to find out how RED can a human face be (my supervisor face).

So, this is one of the elements that I found to be a very important when it comes to completing a phD; creating your own plan and execute it accordingly. As for me I am still learning to be good on it and for those who have already master this, you are now a very strong candidate to complete your phD.

Gud Luck !!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment